All the taste of the sea in this delicious, traditional recipe, which is great if served hot in a cold Winter day, or at room temperature in Summer!
Few simple ingredients, a trick to shorten cooking times,- the pressure cooker - in 20 minutes a great dish without any hassle!
Try it with slices of toasted rustic bread, fresh garlic and fresh parsley!
The ingredients will be enough for a medium portion as we eat at home. For robust appetites consider to add some more.
Ingredients for 44 cuttlefishes
450 gr./1 lb peas (fresh, frozen or canned)
2 garlic cloves + 2 for the bread (if you like it)
4 fresh tomatoes, or 400/ 1lb/1 tin chopped tomatoes
8 slices rustic bread
Fresh parsley - chopped
3 Spoons extra virgin olive oil
How to: pressure
1) Clean the cuttlefish taking off the bone, beak and gut.
2) Cut them into pieces
3) In a small pan saute 2 peeled garlic cloves until golden. In this way you will need less oil.
In the meanwhile wash and cut the tomatoes into 1 cm. 1/2 inch pieces. Let them drain a little in a colander.
4) Put the oil, the garlic, the cuttlefishes, the cubed tomatoes, the peas in your pressure cooker a close it carefully.
Bring it to the boil and when it is in pressure, lower the heat and let it cook for 12 minutes. Take out of fire.
5) In the meanwhile slice the bread, put the slices under a grill or grill them on a hot non stick pan on both sides and scrape it with the remaining garlic. (quantities depend on how much you like garlic). Put two of them in each soup dish.
6) Open the pressure cooker very slowly, remove the cooked garlic and serve the food pouring it on the toasted bread. Add the parsley and serve immediately.
If you want to eat this recipe at room temperature, allow the fish to cool down and add it to the toasted bread at the very last minute.