Thursday, 24 July 2014
Saltimbocca alla romana - Veal with ham (prosciutto)
If you want to respect the traditional recipe, use only few ingredients and in 10 minutes you can enjoy this Italian classic!
Ingredients for 4
4 slices of veal
4 slices Parma Ham (Prosciutto)
4 leaves sage
30 grs butter
1/2 a glass white wine
salt and pepper
1) Cut away any hard part of the meat and beat it with a meat tenderizer to make it softer. In order not to break it you can also put the meat between two sheets of cling film.
2) Wash the sage leaves very well and dry them. Do not break the leaves.
3) Put a slice of prosciutto and a sage leaf on each slice of meat and fix them together with a toothpick
4) Melt the butter in a pan, and when it starts boiling, put the meat in the pan and let them cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
Start from the side with prosciutto.
5) Once the meat is sliglty brown, add the white wine and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add salt (if necessary) and pepper and serve with some of the cooking juice.
Serve with a fresh salad