As you already know, when I have guests, my family in this occasion, I always prepare something to cook in advance in order to remain with rest of the group as soon as possible.
This was our Easter main course .The colourful stripes are very nice and the meat remains tasty and soft. Everybody will like it!!
Ingredients for 4
3 hg/2/3 pd. chicken breast - sliced
3 eggs, slightly beaten
9 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano - grated
100 grs/3.53 oz. Mortadella
220 grs/ 1/2 lb. Prosciutto di Parma (raw Parma ham) - sliced
1) Beat your chicken breast with a meat ponder (put the meat between 2 non stick paper or cling film in order not to break it) to obtain an even thickness of the slices. Season with fresh ground pepper (ONLY).
2) Mix the Parmigiano into the beaten eggs. You should obtain a thick cream.
3) Warm your oven at 160°C/350 F°
4) Line your plum cake mold (mine is cm. 9x22 /3.54x8.66 in.) (silicone, aluminium or glass) with a sheet of non stick paper (if you wet it under the water and then wring it well, it will keep the shape of your container).
5) Dispose the first layer, mortadella, on the bottom and sides of your mold and let it come out. You Will need the extras to close it.
6) The second layer will be the chicken breast, cut the meat to adapt it to the shape of your mold. Then place the Prosciutto then the egg with the cheese, chicken breast and so on. End up with chicken or prosciutto and close your terrine with the mortadella, leaving a small part uncovered. Close the paper on top as well, also leaving some space uncovered.
7) Put in the oven for about 50-60 minutes, check with a stick: the eggs should be cooked and the liquid coming out should be transparent. Also it will grow a little in the centre.
8) Take out from the oven and let it cool until warm before removing from the mold.
9) Cut into slices 1cm./1/2 inch thick and serve with a green vegetable (boiled french beans/asparagus) or salad.